Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Monday, August 18, 2008

No Strings Attached


Lately, scenes with Max can be a little extra loaded. It's hard to see big forces of change on the horizon when right now I have something that works so well and that I like so much. The mind gets busy with the worrying: What if I never get to do this again after surgery? Am I ok with my massage therapist seeing the impending marks? What will our relationship look like during my recovery? How do I get the absolute most out of my body right now without risking surgery-delaying damage? Why won't my mind let go so I can just be here now and process this?

The good news? Max is awesome. His steady reassurance and actions that consistently follow his words make for a very safe place to let go of all those strings tugging at my mind. Eventually, I stop having to think at all. Only his words and actions require my response. It's a marvelous place to be.

And as a surgery-prep bonus, I get one hell of a core strength workout.

*wanders off humming Pinocchio songs*

No comments: