Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Being Housebound Again

Alright, That's It! I give up!

The snow is falling again. When this all started, I was willing to be patient. I was promised things would clear up and warm up this week. I'm looking out my window right now and it's neither clear nor warm out there.

If you live in Seattle, or read the blogs of other people who do, you're probably quite tired of reading about how irritated we are with the snow. I tried, I really truly tried to not blog about this. I considered only blogging on my personal journal, but the key to this post is actually scoliosis related.

I already did my shift of being housebound this year. I shouldn't have to do it again. In some ways this shift is worse than that one was.

After surgery people would come visit me, I had a fair amount of drug-induced sleep, but most importantly I could get out and WALK. Oh sure, I'm physically capable of going for a walk. The problem is high risk of falling down in bad ways with bad consequences. Even not falling down has its problems because those little body movements you do when you start to slip all involve fast, strong response from your core muscles.

How do I know this? Because I have tried to get out and walk. I live in a walking neighborhood. I'm a couple blocks from a bunch of restaurants and stores. Even though I haven't fallen, each time I've been out (Russell at my side in case of falls), I came back with a sore back from some stupid slip.

I'm thinking I may put on my new stompy boots (and some more clothing) and ask Russell to walk me to the closest gym so I can sign up for a membership. If I don't get some moving around soon it could be disastrous!

No comments: