Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pamperpalooza 2009

What is Pamperpalooza 2009?
It begins Wednesday with an evening of bathing, grooming, eating, and mutual mani- pedi- with Kaylee.
Then I do a little self care and go kick a certain trainer in the shins Thursday morning (Because I will be done limping by then and he definitely deserves it.)
A final baseline grooming and Kaylee and I are off to Duque for professional pampering.
This includes my very first facial ever, and make-up and up-do's for both of us. (I've never been here before either. You can be sure I'll tell you how it went.)
Then we put on pretty dresses and prance around our respective homes informing the boys it's time to tell us how pretty we look. (I've found it's important to be clear about your goals when prancing. If you don't want to hear "Are you really wearing that?!" then it's better to just say "Tell me I look pretty.").
There will probably be some snap-shots of Pamperpalooza (and the end result) that I'll happily post after the night is through.

All this pampering does not come cheap, but we're worth it. Between the white dresses and the disproportionate amount of pre-event fussing, it's almost like Kaylee and I are getting to do all the fun parts of a wedding without having to deal with the drudge-work, cranky relatives, and unreasonable commitment at the end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it is a lot less expense for the cranky relatives with all the benefits of seeing my beautiful daughter all decked out.
I love you.
Mom :)

guntharr said...

Sounds like a blast.

Your mom is coming to SEAF? That is beyond awesome :)

Max said...

I'm looking forward to my contribution to your outfit...

Red said...

@Mom, We failed to get any pictures of the silliness tonight (which included Kaylee in a green face mask with her hair sticking straight up). I'll be sure we have a camera with us at the salon tomorrow. I love you too and I'm really proud that you're my mom.

@Guntharr, No, I don't think Mom is actually coming up for the festival (Though she'd be quite welcome, and it would be beyond awesome). I think more she's looking forward to the "wedding" pictures.

@Max, I totally squee-ed out loud when I read your comment (very undignified). I'm very much looking forward to it too.

Alright off to bed, I need to have plenty of energy for shin kicking in the morning.

Red said...

(Oh, and...) The trainer is so paying double if I chip a nail in the process of kicking his shins the first time *grins*

Anonymous said...

I am sure it would be an awesome event to attend. This time I will have to settle for photographic evidence.
Don't spend too much time kicking the trainer, that is unless it is an exercise that will improve your lower back. :)
I love you. Have a great time. I can't wait for the pictures.
Loveyoufirst.