Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oops, I poisoned Russell

Our tub was gross.

"Yeah right Red, you're a girl, what do you know about 'gross' bathrooms really?"

When I declare "Our tub was gross" I'm serious. There was a black ring around the white space where we stand to shower that blended off to a brown goo in all directions and up all four sides of the tub. I have wanted to soak in a warm fizzy tub for the last couple days, but could barely bring myself to stand in the shower long enough to wash my hair.

Let me put it to you this way: I am less than 6 months out from surgery, my back has been cranky the last couple days, and still getting down on my knees and leaning over the tub for an hour or so seemed like a completely reasonable measure to make my bathroom livable again.

So I traded out my PT exercise routine for a tub scrubbing this evening (complete with being mindful of keeping my core engaged and not twisting).

Just as I was finishing up, Russell appeared in the bathroom red-faced, runny nosed, and not entirely coherent. I was using a new eco-groovey, animal friendly, Seventh Generation Tub and Tile cleanser "Emerald Cypress & Fir" scent. Apparently, one of those earth-friendly botanicals has been identified by Russell's immune system as a terrorist and his body went in to serious allergic reaction mode.

The final score:
  • The tub looks much better (not pristine by any stretch of the imagination, but better)
  • I'm sore, but more like a good workout than bad choices
  • Russell is recovering slowly thanks to modern anti-histamine technology
  • I didn't get my soak tonight, but now the tub will be ready for me post-gym tomorrow.
  • The cleaner, while effective and freshly scented, has been banned under the biological warfare treaty of the apartment.

2 comments:

Red said...

From the cleaner's website: "Finally an effective Tub & Tile cleaner that's safe to use and free of harsh fumes."

*snort* as long as you're not allergic to it.

Silver said...

Russell is such a sensitive ponytail boy. ;-)