Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What am I going to wear?!

[NOTE: The trouble with electronic shopping and even more so with posting about it is that the things you really want to keep disappear. Several of the links don't work anymore because the dresses have been sold. Yay for the stores, sad for me.]


I had several other blog topics come up over the last couple days, but frankly electronic dress shopping is much more fun (right up until it drives one crazy).

So my question to you dear readers (all 15 of you) is "What shall I wear to SEAF?"
Here are my dream criteria:
Show off my back
Elegant/Classy styling
Complement at least some other feature of my body
Complement (or at least not hinder) my natural coloring
Looks good with and without Max's collar on my neck

And when I come back to earth I also add:
Less than $150
Wearable more than once

I have 8 tabs open in other windows with dresses of varying degrees of trashy, elegant, classy, and way too expensive. It is an erotic art show after all so a little trashy won't hurt, and honestly I'm more likely to wear some of the trashier ones to Grind at after a debut at SEAF.

I'm open to suggestions/links/feedback in the comments or by email if you feel so moved.

Here are my 8 current leading candidates after two nights of e-shopping:
  • Let's start off with my Ginger Rogers fetish. This one doesn't go quite low enough in the back, but I love the color and overall style. Chances of wearing it again: pretty low. Price range: um, it's an investment?
  • Next up we get a little slinkier but still quite formal. I'd be much more excited about this dress if it weren't for the necessary tie holding the shoulder straps together behind the neck. Chances of wearing it again: about the same as Ginger Rogers. Price range: who looks at price tags when they're browsing on line anyway?!
  • Here's another by the same designer. The back is beautiful on this one, but I'm not sure my small bust can pull off that neckline. Chances of wearing it again: see above. Price range: cheaper than the other one by this designer.
  • Alright I'll stop shopping at "Nordie's", but here's one last long gown. If I'm going to abandon Ginger Rogers, this is the way to go! Wow! I love the crossing and the cut on this one. I'd feel so grown-up in one of the dresses by this company. Truly, a sophisticated arteest. Chances of wearing it again: it's long, but I could pull it off at dressy house-parties I think. Price Range: It's E-Bay in the UK, I don't know where the price would actually end up.
  • Well, if long is the problem, then here's the same back design as the one above in a much shorter skirt. The biggest danger here is buying a Red based on my monitor's interpretation of the color. It looks like a workable shade right now, but lord only knows what it will look like once it makes it's way across an ocean and a continent. Chances of wearing it again: pretty damn good. Price Range: see above.
  • Another by the same company. It's a completely different feel to the style, but still classy and plenty exposed in the back. I really like it, but it's significantly more mature than I had originally planned on going. Chances of wearing it again: might be too warm for Grind. Price Range: see above.
  • And now we have a backlash against mature clothing! Shorten the skirt a little and suddenly a dress very similar to the one just above becomes serious trashy fun. Chances of wearing it again: if not Grind, then maybe Bondage is the Point. Folks at the Wetspot know how to appreciate a good trashy outfit. Price Range: still unclear but likely cheaper than any of the other E-Bay choices.
  • If we're going trashy, we simply must shop at the source of all the best trashy attempts at classy looks. That's right folks Victoria's Secret made the cut for a SEAF dress option. The pictures don't look too too trashy, but I'm guessing that's mostly a trick of the cameras. Also, there's that ugly string up at the neck again. Chances of wearing it again: if it looks good the first time it goes on, then I'm sure it would become a Grind staple. Price Range: it's so almost a reasonable price given my current income.
Yikes, it got late quickly!

8 comments:

SomewhatBent said...

Your "one last long gown" option is VERY much like the one in my 'long braid' icon. I have a pattern for *that* one, with variations!

I also think black halter dress like your icon should be fairly easy to either find or make.

Autumn Needles said...

Count me as a vote for backlash! Who needs mature clothing?

Anonymous said...

My faves for you are the long black eBay and the Victoria's Secret, much to my surprise. Something could be easily done with the string tie at the top.

Anonymous said...

i vote for number 2 (slinky/formal) although it is quite expensive, and the last one from Victoria's Secret... in fact I love the last one, and unlike my other pick, it's reasonably priced..

Unknown said...

I'm with Lorelei - I rather like the Victoria Secret and think you could pull that off well.

Red said...

It sounds like there may be significant hand-me-down love in my future. I'll see what comes of that, and possibly a shopping trip next weekend, and if still nothing comes to me, it sounds like the Victoria's Secret dress might need to be ordered.

Red said...

Honestly, if I can save money on the dress, then I can afford to have a better frame job for the x-ray and get a few other girly things done like freshening up the hair-cut and tinting the lashes.

Silver said...

"Backlash" no question!

And you could get singletailed in it!

On another note, check out what this person did by hacking an Ikea lamp with X-rays!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/judo10/2578097458/

Also here on this page. 2/3 of the way down: http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/search/label/lighting