Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Great Grind!

Yesterday I met my work deadline (well not to my perfectionist standards, but passably anyway) and felt a big weight off my shoulders. Which was good because last night I had A LOT of dancing to do. I love Grind and have missed it while dealing with the busy season at work and then getting wound up for the surgery.

Last night was the last Thursday before surgery so I was quite determined to make the most of it. The long absence coupled with the long day at work meant taking a little longer to transition from work to club-wear. I wasn't all that late, but late enough that I missed out on the warm-up music. I walked in the door and made a B-line for the dance floor without pausing to realize that my body has been pretty sedentary this week and might benefit from a wee little bit of stretching. But the DJ is a sadistic man and was playing some of my favorite fast-tempo music so what was I to do? (My sore legs and feet have several suggestions for me today)

Many of my friends made it out for some portion of the night and danced with me or gave me good luck squeezes between songs. During one of the quieter DJ phases, one friend even made some time to guide some spiritual healing work in preparation for all of this.

When the event ended, some of my up-all-night friends stayed to help Kaylee, Russell, and I capture some video of me dancing. Who knows, there might even be something fun for you two watch while you're waiting for surgery reports next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you? I am sending you this comment, because I am serching for blogger friends, and your site is interesting to me. I have an art blog here in San Diego, and I am curious if you would become my freind? Are you up to it?
I hope to see you soon on my art blog, and take care,
Sincerely,
Jesse