Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Praise be to the merciful Red Tape gods

They are sadistic fuckers, but in the end they came out on my side so I guess that's alright. I've been toodeling about making appointments getting ready for 10/1. Yesterday was full of a little more generalized panic than usual, but all in all I'm fairing pretty well. Then this afternoon my phone rings at work...

It's the business office for my orthopedic group. They're calling to let me know that my insurance company is not going to cover my costs the way they should because I don't have a direct referral on file. WHAT?!! I've been seeing this Dr for more than a year and now they bring that up?

After making a small scene in my office and several confused and frantic phone calls to my primary care Dr's office, there was nothing more I could do but wait. I'm used to waiting days and even weeks for things to work out. Today, it was about an hour before I got a call back. For reasons the office administrator didn't fully understand, all the referrals I needed were applied retroactively no questions asked.

Health care in this country is really weird.

No comments: