Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Friday, October 24, 2008

3-weeks Post-op

It's been a week since the last post. I feel like I should get something up here so y'all don't forget about me.

In physical healing news: I continue to get better in teeny tiny increments each day. I walk a little farther, squat to the floor a little more often, sit up a little longer, accomplish more without assistance, and take a little less pain medication.

In emotional health news: I'm not doing too bad. I do much much better when I have company over, but even when I'm by myself I manage to avoid the giant pits of despair most of the time.

In coping news: I'm still working on having a set of alternative activities I can do on my own that occupy my idle brain but don't wear me out, produce useless junk, or lead to unhealthy thought habits. Reading books and meditation both seem like logical answers here, but the reading disability puts a damper on the first and I have yet to find the proper muzzle for my inner perfectionist to allow me to meditate without an outside guide. I think I want something crafty to do, but I just can't seem to justify creating mostly-useless stuff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Glad to see you posting, was getting a bit worried. Anyway, I don't know if you enjoy coloring or not but it is a fun, not tiring way to spend some time. Mindware.com has some rather nifty coloring books to buy. They come out looking a bit like stained glass.

Kristy

Autumn Needles said...

Have you tried books on tape? Especially ones you're already familiar with so if you zone out it doesn't really matter.

Silver said...

Can I come over on Tuesday after school? That would be at about 6 or 7PM. I'll call you first...

I'll bring gears and tools and pretty jewelry and craft mags. With pikchers!

- Silver

Red said...

Kristy,
Thanks, I had forgotten about coloring. I used to have some fun Celtic design books...wonder if they got purged in the last move.

Autumn,
Not sure what my resistance is to audio books lately (I've enjoyed them before).

Silver,
You're on for Tuesday. I'll send you an email too just in case you aren't obsessively checking my blog for new comments. That sounds like good fun.

Silver said...

Still obsessively checking! ;-)

Autumn Needles said...

I was hoping to find some time for a visit this week, but I have a bug of some sort. Bleah. I don't want to give it to anyone else so mostly my foggy brain and I are just making random fetlife postings between sleeping. Maybe next week...

Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.com/Coloring-Mandalas-Susanne-F-Fincher/dp/1570625832/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Hiya Red,
I have used these Mandala coloring books when my mind won't focus or won't shut off.

Jules/fern