Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Recovery Landmark:

I POOPED!!!

Ok, I realize this is really more information than anyone wants, but for those of you considering this surgery, you need to fully comprehend what a HUGE deal this is. Today is the first day since September that I have pooped without the aid of chemicals. And yes, that liberated sensation that we all know about and no one talks about does still accompany the post surgery poo.

In other landmark news:
The first post-surgical load of laundry is done with the aid of two consecutive visitors today. I really enjoyed having both ladies over and welcome more visitors at this time. It seemed pretty obvious to both visitors when my stamina was gone and it was time to go, so no need to worry about keeping me up too long.

5 comments:

SomewhatBent said...

Okay, Beautiful Girl... THe question in my mind ***how much taller are you?***

I'm back from DC and have something for you -- nothing big, but I remember after my surgery one of the things I relished were the really NICE liners for the brace/corset, so I got one I think will work for you.

((gentle hugs))

R

Red said...

Hi Robbie!
Welcome home. I'm only about an inch and a half taller (measured using the pre and post pencil marks on the door jam method), but I stand up straight all the time now so it seems like more.

Also, my doc sent me home without a post-surgical brace. The idea being that I'll both be more careful and develop the muscles faster with the instant feed back. With the exception of when I get tired late at night (I just had a "stuck like a turtle" moment a bit ago), I'm doing pretty well. That said, I do plan to go back to my corsets some day...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! (massaging hugs back)
Red

Silver said...

Yay Poopage!

It's like anal sex - backwards!!

When can you has cookies?

- S

Red said...

Silver,
Now, now would be a great time for cookies! *grin* I celebrated yesterday's landmark by lifting the cheese ban and having Mac'n'Cheese from The Deluxe last night. Unfortunately they were having an off night with the sauce :(

SomewhatBent said...

WOW!!! I'm amazed you don't have a post surgical corset at least or a brace (much worse - really) to keep you stable until the bone grafting/fusion really sets. I had brace after the Harrington T4-L3 for about 6-7 months. I didn't ave to wear it all the time but I wore it when I was doing physical stuff (that I probably shouldn't have been doing in the first place) and at school for the first term, probably, since I had developed a whole new level of clumsy and had to relearn my balance.

I had 'the ugly corset' after the L5-S1 surgery ~5 years ago. I still wear it on occasion, too. Ugly as sin but effective.

I need to find my plain film x-rays -- we can compare :-) If I recall correctly, my residual curve is 41 degrees, but I'm not sure of the distribution.