Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

Appreciation, Gratitude, and Happy Happenings:
(small note: There is so much fantastiness going on in my life that I'm not likely to remember all of everything I want to say. If you were part of some wonderfulness that did not get mentioned, please understand that it's likely because it's late and not because it wasn't as wonderful as everything else listed. k thanks)
  • The obvious first order of gratitude is that there is so much to be thankful for I'm certain of my inability to record it all here tonight.
  • The last two nights I've been able to share my bed with someone and feel skin touching my skin as I drift off to sleep.
  • Russell: who is here nearly all the time, who never grumbles when I call him in from another room to move this thing or that thing 4 inches , who has an endless supply of head kisses for me, who does a very good job of being aware of and taking care of himself in all this too, who provides me with yogurt and eggos and tasty sandwiches, who reads me stories, who walks me around the block, who worries so quietly and cheers so loudly, who loves me very very deeply
  • Autumn: who makes me cry (in the good way), who adjusts the world with a few words, who walks me to the bagel shop, who makes the tastiest pie ever,
  • A.: who helps out all over the place, who shuttles laundry and clears tables, who watches movies and brings grapes, who can help to fix the stuff I'm not talking about without having to talk about it, who declares when it's time to feel accomplished, who already understands why it's so important to be here on a Thursday night
  • Max: who inspires perma-grin just by making contact, who washes loads of dishes, who reminds me this is all an investment he intends to collect in due time, who takes care of me, who tollerates my stubborn instistance on finding some service task I can still do, who gives me attainable goals, who does things that result in wet pillows, who also loves me
  • Internet: fetlife, instant messaging, blogging, reaching out and finding people in some of the least expected places.
  • FMLA sick-leave: feeling confident that I have the money to pay people back for grocery runs and rent, knowing that I will still have a job when I'm well enough to do it again
  • I'm still getting better,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faithful friends and lovers are such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Red!

Smiling ear to ear here, to just read through the two contrasting lists.

I noticed that one is very permanant and the other is very temporary.

Here is another list to give some thought to--perhaps not exactly a blog list, but even a mental list......all of those "fear of the unknown" things that you had before the surgery, that did not come into being.....all of those, "What if-s".

I can really relate to not wanting other's first impressions of you personal and intimate spaces to be cluttered and messy. Here is the thing though, people feel better when helping someone. When someone is healing, it is difficult to know how to help. Write down small tasks on index cards or scraps of paper. When someone asks how they can help, allow them to choose.

I heard that! "How do I pay them back??" My bet is that you already have and they are more than happy to now pay you in return.

:-)
*huge hugs*

Julie

Anonymous said...

I have not commented as much, but I am still here, reading, and sharing in your progress as best as I can from a distance. I will be there a week from today for that promised visit. Not everyone gets a Dom as a day-slave, but I will be there to help in any way I can. I am looking forward to seeing you, love.

Dale

Anonymous said...

Hey Red, nice 2 read your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey there Red,

Just wanted to check in and see how your doing. I hope all is well and that your continuing on the road to wellness.

*hugs*

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. This is Michelle BTW...Stop by my blog when you have a chance. I'd love to hear from you!