Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Skeleton Pictures!

Happy Halloween!

I had my first post-op office visit today and that means I came home with nifty skeleton pictures to share. The office visit went well and everyone was pleased with how things are turning out. The nurse removed the tape covering the incision (yay for nurses who understand about approaching a sensitive back and picking at it) and while I haven't looked at it yet, it sounds like it's healing well and the scar is going to be pretty inconspicuous. With the new x-ray, Dr. Williams thinks they may have corrected the curve even more than he thought when they discharged me. I also have authorization to drive and wear my waist-cincher. Look out world!!

I'm using the holiday as a reason not to put these behind a cut.
First we have the before/after you've all been waiting for:

And in profile:


Yes, those are some very large screws in my back. In fact, here's a large up-close picture of my hardware:


And one last larger shot of my back now:

[edited to add: You should be able to see larger versions of the pictures if you click on them (I spent 2 hours screwing with it and when I finally gave up, it worked... ah life) Also, yes, that is Max's collar in the profile x-ray. It's missing from the facing x-ray because I had to pull it up over my face and suspend it on my ample ears to keep it out of the way.]

5 comments:

Silver said...

Hay, thanks for the hot X-ray action! The smaller pics make it look like someone has fastened your ribs to your spine with zip-ties. When I look at the close-up, I'm all "JEZUZ CHRIST THOSE ARE FUCKIN' SCREWS!! INSIDE YOUR GUTS!! SCREWS!!"

I'll bet that hurts! Ya think?

Oh, and I can totally see your diaphram. Heh heh.

I'm still planning on visiting you next Tuesday and/or Wednesday to read you stories. How is your cookie supply holding up?

- S

Molly The Dog said...

I just happened upon your blog site. Very cool pics and an amazing story. Congratulations!

SomewhatBent said...

Wicked Cool!!! I see why you didn't gain as much height as I did - by the way they did it and by how much was thoraic and how much lumbarsacro.

You look AMAZING!! It looks like your mobility may be better preserved than mine -- and if I ever need a revision I may just end up with your Dr. W. (the doc who did my last surgery was on your top three list - Dr K) He wassn't willing to entertain doing anything else with me surgically unless I got MUCH worse.

Woo Hoo!!!

R

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those are some excellent visuals.

Red said...

Silver,
Yeah, the screws are impressive. I feel like I should come with a warning sign for anyone venturing into my guts in the future: *CAUTION: Sharp Objects Inside*
You could see a lot more than my diaphragm before I cropped the images for publication.
Russell pretty much decimated the gingersnaps. Chocolate chip cookies would be safer (he's allergic to chocolate).

Hey Molly,
Thanks for dropping me a comment. I've subscribed to your blog. It looks like you've got some pretty amazing stories to share yourself.

Robbie,
I'd definitely recommend Dr W. He's a little bit of a hotshot, but he's honest and does right by his patients. I guess he has good reason to be a hotshot.

Dizzy,
Thanks