Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Lots of progress

(Russell summarizing stuff Red says)

The big news is the two rounds of physical therapy yesterday, and two today. She had low blood pressure yesterday so didn't get far- sitting up in bed for half an hour or so, then back down. She did better today- up and to the bathroom, thence up and into the chair, then back into bed. This means she should be able to have her catheter out tomorrow. She's had broth a couple of times, then yogurt, and is now theoretically on a full diet although she hasn't ordered anything yet.

She says she's had good experiences with the nursing staff in general, and it makes a difference that she learns their names.

Kaylee spent an heroic night here last night while I got a good block of sleep, then I relived her this morning. Before I came in I stopped at Table 219 (formerly El Greco) for breakfast, and I must have looked pretty thrashed because Gary wouldn't let me pay for my food. I then did my best not to cry in the middle of his restaurant. :) Red's dad and Autumn came in to visit at about the same time early afternoon, and Autumn covered for me a couple hours while I got more food and picked up DVDs (the TV in the room has a little dvd player hooked up to it).

Red is getting better impressively fast, they're saying she should be able to go home on Tuesday.

10 comments:

Silver said...

THANKS, Russell!!

Checking in several times a day to see what's going on. I really appreciate you taking time to post and keep us in the loop!

YAY TEAM RED!!!

Autumn Needles said...

Red is doing amazing and is performing the major feat of looking adorable even with tubes and a hospital bed. It was so good to see you both! And of course I'm completely objective here, but Russell is doing incredible partner support work! Yay Team Red, indeed!

Unknown said...

Soo glad to hear Red is doing well!

Anonymous said...

I have been checking in here are few times a day, too, to see how our special lady is doing. I am so glad to hear that things are coming along this well. I have been more than a little worried. But with such a wonderful support system...such caring and loving people...I know she is in great hands. Kudos to you all. You have my gratitude, also. And if you could, would someone mention to Red that I have been here in spirit and asking for her? Thanks Russell and the rest of you.

Dale

Anonymous said...

HOME??! YAY! That is great news!

Russell, I am so glad that you got some good sleep last night. I know that the emotional side of being there, but also feeling so totally out of control and helpless as a partner can wreck you.

I have been checking and checking too. hehehe...I left her piggy-tailed, smiling face, complete with hospital gown photo up on the screen Wednesday and Sir walked, asking who the little girl was....

Thank you so very much for taking the time to keep us updated. It means the world to me as well.

Julie

Lorien said...

I'm really glad she is doing so well. Please tender my warmest regards.

-Kelly

DctrGlenn said...

Really great news to hear the "Going Home" comment has been spoken... Russell thank you for doing this and letting all of us know how things were going... I also have been keeping track of the progress.. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help..

Glenn

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. You and Red have been in my thoughts.

*big hug*

Anonymous said...

I'm also in the checking-the-blog-several-times-a-day club. Its been great to hear about the progress Red's making.

Anonymous said...

Sure is good to hear about the positive progress...thanks for sharing it with us.