Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Re-posting the archive

In the interest of a more complete and central record, over the next couple of weeks I'm going to re-post some of my scoliosis-tagged personal LJ posts going back to April of this year and slowly work my way forward. Some of these posts will be verbatim, others may be edited for various reasons. The point here is just to bring new people up to speed. Let's begin shall we:

Posted to LJ on Apr. 6th, 2008 at 6:32 PM
I had enough idle time today that I finally kicked this back in gear. I found 3 Doc's listed on the scoliosis research society's website who are relatively local and do work with adult scoliosis. I also found another doc not listed on the researchers site, but who is FEMALE (the only one I found in all my searching actually) [blogger note:keep tracking this one, it gets interesting] and has a decent philosophy of care. I'm certain I can get a referral to her, but would like to try to get in with one of the hoity toity research docs since they might have access to more cutting edge technology. Also I found this book that I'm going to order from amazon.com:
Scoliosis Surgery: The Definitive Patient's Reference (3rd Edition) by David K. Wolpert (Author)

The Doctors I Found:
Walter F. Krengel, III, MD
Proliance Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
1231 116th Avenue NE #100
Bellevue, WA 98004-3804
Phone: (425) 454-5344
Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions, Juvenile/Infantile

Theodore A. Wagner, MD
University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific St BB1021
Box 356500
Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: (206) 543-3690
Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions, Juvenile/InfantileDeformity, Spondylolithesis, Kyphosis

Reginald Quentin Knight, MD
Orthopedics Int'l Scoliosis & Spinal Surgery
12333 NE 130th Lane
Suite 400
Kirkland, WA 98034
Phone: (425) 216-4220
Web site: www.orthopedics-intl.net
Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions

Not on the researchers list but worth checking out:
Alexis Falicov, M.D., Ph.D
801 Broadway
Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98122
Phone: (206) 292-7550
Fax: (206) 373-8350
Philosophy of Care:
I believe in a comprehensive, analytical approach to spine and orthopaedic problems. I use both nonoperative and operative techniques to achieve the optimal outcome for patients with an emphasis on the least invasive method to achieve an excellent outcome. I am a strong advocate for patient education and autonomy.