Mature Audiences Only

This blog contains mature subject matter. If you are under 18, please find a more appropriate blog. I suggest Midwest Teen Sex Show or the National Scoliosis Foundation Forums (depending on which google search brought you here). If you are over 18 but find frank discussions of alternative sexuality and relationships uncomfortable, please begin your exploration elsewhere.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Scoliosis and Sexism

Posted to LJ on: Apr. 28th, 2008 at 11:05 PM

I made the appointment with Dr. Falicov's office. Turns out Dr. Alexis Falicov is a man (damned gender-neutral first names). I considered backing out, but that seemed extra sexist. Man or woman I liked what was written in the "philosophy of care" section of the listing. Besides, 2 options isn't really a choice. If nothing else, I'll pay my $20 co-pay for one more reference point before making an educated decision.

I'll be visiting Dr. Falicov on May 14th. I expect to be scheduling a surgery date within the following two weeks.

Oddly, at this moment I'm opening back up to the possibility of going back to Dr. Car-salesman. The notes he wrote up were more complete than Dr. Old's.
I know he'll be able to call his office mate in to assist with the surgery, and his office mate comes highly recommended.

No comments: